Sunday, August 12, 2012

Earth colours

I enjoy making "Merry-go-round" mobiles more and more.. I never know how it's gonna look until it's done, but this only makes me feel challenged and excited.
Everytime I put my hands on a new type of paper, an entire Merry-go-round starts creating itself in my head and I can't resist not to transform it into reality.
This happened when one of my university teachers gave me a wonderful, "Earth coloured" paper - I instantly saw it becoming...this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And in the nature:

Photobucket

Photobucket

* the first four photos are taken by a friend - Creativ Hobby


6 comments:

Norberto Kawakami said...

Hi!
it is a great idea!
Thanks for sharing it...

Adina Paun said...

Thank you, Norberto!

Safeya Ebrahem Ghazy said...

nice work >> i need to know how to do this if you can show me

Adina Paun said...

Hi Safeya!

It's not much I can teach you, maybe the most important thing is to make the circle ( Spiky Star ) - http://tavin15.blogspot.ro/2010/04/spikey-star.html

After that, it's up to you what models you decide to hang on it: different types of kusudama, butterflies, hearts, flowers...anything you want. You can also decorate it with pearls and beads, and there you have it!

Here is a link where you can see all my mobiles, maybe you take some ideas: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3951914190392.159013.1056262064&type=3&l=275370cab2

Goodluck!

cridiana said...

Lovely model and fantastic pictures! I was so impressed by it that I had a dream :)) I met with you in a bus station and you were holding the carousel in your hands and it was very small - the entire thing was almost as a A5 paper.

Adina Paun said...

Haha, thank you Diana, I'm glad to hear it wasn't a nightmare! :D
It's not that small..,although you're starting to give me ideas.. :))